For the duration of the flooding emergency, the car park at our Church will be used as a reservoir in order that the water can evaporate – this may take up to two months. The Council have six sites around the area and the water has to be kept moving so that it does not get contaminated and leave us open to e-coli etc. Therefore pumping will be taking place on a very regular basis.
We are still awaiting official confirmation of this from the Council but we are planning for the worst.
The John Fisher School have generously offered us use of their Chapel so, until further notice, the 12.00 Mass will take place at The Fisher Chapel from Sunday 23rd February. Baptisms will also take place there.
Fortunately we have only one wedding booked in the immediate future – this couple are trying to get their civil papers changed to The John Fisher Chapel. We will keep other couples advised of the situation.